Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy 2013!

Happy 2013!


Long time no writing, huh?  My intention to be a prolific writer in 2012 got away from me, I'm afraid.  Here's to 2013 being better for that.  It's a fresh new year with so much possibility!

I read all the books in that big stack last year, and many more; I have a new stack to share for 2013 and can't wait to dive into all of them!  I will start posting my Goodreads reviews over here for anyone interested.   I've kept a reading list since 2000, and it's kind of fun to editorialize everything and see what other readers' impressions have been.

Since I last wrote, I've continued my studies in Spanish and will write more about that as I've moved from a rank beginner to somewhere in the middle.  I trained in August to become a literacy tutor, and now I teach a student a bit older than myself how to be a  more fluent reader and speller, and I'm reminded each time how fortunate I've been in my education.  I put the knitting down and finished a long-undone needlework project, which I'll share before I send it off to be framed later this week-- and then go buy some more sock yarn.  I continue to deal with my slowing midlife metabolism and will not go gently into that good night!

Here's to a year of reflection, action, peace and productivity!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent works, AND excellent premise/vehicle/forum, too !!

    ReplyDelete