Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Project Positivity: Vision Board

Wrapping up my first week's work for Project Positivity with a picture of my Vision Board:


This was a lot of fun to do!  I've enlarged the picture so it's easier to see.  Somehow it got oriented sideways; the center part is a street scene from a European city where I always have a little bit more fun, and the other house pictures are from right here in the South.  Lots of good words sprinkled around to remind me who I am and where I'm going.

TAKE: an hour to yourself.   Delightful!  What I did was notice over the last few weeks that I needed a red throw blanket for my upstairs wicker couch in the master bedroom sitting area.  Rather than shop for it, I decided to make it really hard on myself and/or rewarding and make the exact, precise blanket that I want for that space.

You can see what the issue is:

Master bedroom sitting area.  Skein of yarn on the chair is a clue!


Or maybe it's more obvious here:

Something clashes here, and it's not the Lady of Shalott.


We have two sets of bedroom things.  One is grey with pastel colors and the other is red and white.  The blanket does not go at all, nor do we really need a blanket this time of year.  It will go in the closet until I finish crocheting a gorgeous little ripple throw that will keep me toasty until the duvets come back out in October.

I used my hour to get started on the afghan throw, realized I was doing the repeat wrong and ripped it out, and then got off to a fine start.  I'll find out by the time I finish the first skein of yarn if I've bought enough to last for the length of the blanket, which will be the length of the bed head to foot.  I think I'll be OK.

First few rows of a ripple afghan
I don't actually know how to crochet except for the foundation chain and the two types of stitches necessary to create the ripple pattern.  I made a similar afghan for my daughter's bed, so I sort of remember the stitches-- it was a lot easier to get started this time.

Extra credit is daily journaling.  Done, no problem!  I write in my ten-year journal every day to keep up with myself.  I'll make a post about it soon.

I hope everyone else is having a positive, fun, happy week!  Back very soon with this week's Project Positivity work.

No comments:

Post a Comment