Friday, May 18, 2012

Project Positivity: Goals

Another facet of this week's work is to set three goals for the four-week project.  One needs to be about project outcome and the other two specific to my life.

From social work school, we learned that goals need to be measurable and attainable.  Here are my goals, and how I'll know I've made progress:

This is my 10-year journal.  More on it in another post.


1.  My goal for Project Positivity is to create the habit of using writing, pictures, and/or a combination of both to positively influence my attitude about the things that happen in my life.  I'll do this through writing in my daily journal, blogging, and working on my Picasa account going through years worth of pictures that clearly show a lot of my life.
SUCCESS:  Daily journal, at least three blog entries weekly, and organized Picasa photos.
Cute summer dress from a couple years ago.  My son is about chin height to me now.

2.  Second, I'm reaching back to my 2012 intentions and breaking down one of those goals.  By the end of Project Positivity, I plan to weigh seven pounds less than I do right now.  I miss some of my cute summer skirts that are just a little too snug today.  I can put them on, but I wouldn't wear them anywhere.  Let's fix that!   I have a nifty new tool to help me out with this, and the good news is that it's working.  More on that in another post.
SUCCESS:  I'll let you know how I'm doing, but it's a number on the scale that I'll share when I arrive there.

Just a few of my learning tools.  


3.  Last, I want to spend some serious mental energy and time getting more proficient in Spanish.  I've started my third Spanish class since September, and this one is Spanish Conversation.  No ingles for four hours a week.   I'm happy to report that I understand everything the teacher says, and alarmed that I am so very bad at conjugating verbs in anything other than regular present tense.  I'll need to study that and increase my vocabulary.  The class goes until the end of June, and I have a LOT of work to do!   Being able to communicate in another language opens a lot of doors for me, and it is a positive improvement for me.  I think of myself as a lifelong learner and this is part of my lifelong education.
SUCCESS:  Completion of my verb workbook, my conversation workbook, and proficiency in speaking with some of the native speakers in my life who are amazingly tolerant of the liberties I take with their beautiful language.

Here we go!




1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy :) I loved reading your posts about your homework, awesome job!

    ReplyDelete