Monday, January 16, 2012

Know Peace

Dr. King giving the "I Have a Dream" speech

Inspired.  A true leader. Enlightened. Right.  He was right.  We are all interconnected, and to deny the rights of one denigrates the rights of all.

If you ever can, please consider visiting the national historic site, including Dr. King's memorial, in his old neighborhood, Sweet Auburn, near downtown Atlanta.  You can sit in his church where he gathered strength for the civil rights movement, walk through his home, and pray at his tomb.  It is hallowed ground.  You will leave a different and better individual for having experienced it.



...And I've looked over, and I've seen the promised land. I may not get there with you, but I want you to know tonight that we as a people will get to the promised land. So I'm happy tonight. I'm not worried about anything. I'm not fearing any man.
[info]
Martin Luther King Jr.Speech in Memphis, April 3, 1968, the day before King was assassinated







No comments:

Post a Comment